Choosing an effective real estate agent is often a difficult issue for sellers. There seem to be so many different things to consider when making that vital decision. Generally speaking, good agents display a set of common characteristics which include an ability to work hard and with focus.
The real question is what sort of person makes a good real estate agent? To this question there are many and varied answers but certain qualities or traits stand out:
- A good agent keeps you informed, is trustworthy, pursues the necessary details and has the integrity and courage to admit when they don't know something.
- Good agents carry a history with great testimonials and references. Willingness to listen and act on instructions is very important, as is the need to be both ethical and honest.
- A good agent has a constant desire to succeed, a passion for working with people and a commitment to work hard.
- A good agent is ethical in their work and interactions.
- A good agent understands your requirements and is able to present clearly and impartially all available options that meet your needs.
- A good agent maintains confidentiality and NEVER tries to rush you into a decision.
- A good agent has exhaustive knowledge about the local market, general market practices, rules, regulations and legal aspects.
- Finally, a good agent always has the client's best interest at heart.
Schuren Sriskandarajah has many years of real estate and marketing experience under his belt. Get in touch today to schedule a meeting. 416-333-9393.